Monday, 17 July 2017

Back to the basics


I recently lost a lot of weight and my only pair of jeans no longer fit me. I really noticed this last spring when I put them on and I forgot to put a belt on; It was a good thing I was wearing a long coat because my pants were falling down. Not long after, the jeans were  donated to Goodwill. I think it is important to have some basic staples in any wardrobe, even a Goth one and jeans are one of them.

Jean shopping for me is a pain in the ass. I have an hour glass figure and I can never find pants that fit me! I decided to tackle this challenge over the weekend when I hit The Mall (sigh, I hate going to any shopping mall) with my niece, Lori. I felt like The Mall was the best place to go since I can have easy access to a variety of stores all in one area. I was positive I will be going through many in search for the perfect pair. Obviously, I wasn't going to settle for any other color than black! My niece, Lori agreed to keep me company and I was happy she accepted my invitation because she is my cheerleader. Shopping with Lori is always fun.For instance, there was this one time when I got a huge framed picture of a Dalek. She had no problem helping me haul that photo through the shopping mall while shouting "exterminate" with me!

So Lori and I went jean shopping. She watched and I shopped. This is the first time I bought clothing in a year due to a self imposed shopping ban. I spent a year trying to lose weight and I was shocked to see that I am now literally half the woman I used to be. I went from a size 12 to a size 6! I also treated myself to Sephora because going down six sizes is something to be celebrated and what better way to celebrate by buying fancy makeup?  It was also one of my goals for this year to buy better quality makeup. Want to see the makeup I got? You will find out on Friday! For now, here I am wearing my new jeans! P.S. I didn't time to hem them so I am wearing heels because my pants are too long! Hehe!!!







8 comments:

  1. Wow dropping six sizes is impressive! And I hear you on those long pants... That's half the reason I never buy pants unless they are labeled "cropped"....cropped for normal people=wearable jeans for me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pants shopping is the worst! Glad it was successful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I'm trying to knock off a few dress sizes myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! And did you hear about the 13th Doctor? Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did! I think it is going to be awesome!

      Delete
  5. Oooh, a Sephora trip always lifts spirits :D
    Congrats on your journey of health, losing weight isn't easy. The new jeans look fab!

    ReplyDelete

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...