Wednesday, 9 August 2017

Monthly music spotlight + a new video by yours truly!

We have all pretty much seen Angela Benedict's response video regarding music being part of Goth subculture. Here is my video on that matter:





Anyways, Angela's video got me inspired to do a Monthly music spotlight where I will be featuring some music over here! My promise: there will be no spotlight on Siouxsie, Joy Division, Bauhaus, etc. I want to feature some of the music I like that is not considered to be the "major 5 bands that makes you goth and if you don't like them, you are not true goth!" I want to have a variety of beautiful, dark music on this page! My goal, if I can be introduced to new music, I am happy but ultimately, my main objective is to seduce you, dear readers to some of the sounds that make my soul sing.

With that, I am open to suggestions because I don't know everything and maybe someone can mention a band I never heard of. This is why I encourage your input. I don't want to be the gothier than thou type , that is not my goal. I want us to be a community. I want us to help each other and if it means me stepping up the plate by making suggestions, then so be it but I don't want to come across as being the "queen of Goth" either. I want us to work together because your suggestions are taken seriously!  This is why, I urge you to give me suggestions in YOUR music tastes (as long as it isn't rap or country, lets be relevant to the subject matter here, please) and you can easily do so by doing one of three things:

(1) Message me on this blog's Facebook page


(2) Use the contact form on the side (it works, I tested it)


(3) You can email me


If you are a new musician and have a band, please send me your suggestion. Maybe a local reader would check you out?


This will happen every third Wednesday of the month and the first spotlight will be on Wednesday, August 16 (my wedding anniversary, no less!) and I sincerely hope that you will enjoy this.


I am unsure if I am going to make videos out of these or just do a blog post. Who knows, I might do both?





4 comments:

  1. Well now I have to see Angela's post. It's been a while since I watched Goths call each other posers on you tube lol. Looking forward to your picks. I've been wanting to do a music post forever, but I honestly don't think people will like my taste haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I didn't really see anyone call anyone else a poseur. It was really interesting what Angela had to say. I didn't get any animosity behind it, in this case :p

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, I got your messages. Much appreciated

      Delete

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...